I started putting together a list of Resources for research that i've found to be helpful when doing my own research. I'm sure the list will be expanded over time. If you have any resources you'd like to share, please leave a comment.
Following are some of the resources i've discovered that i've found helpful for a wide variety of research projects. If you have any to share, please contact me or leave a comment.
General purpose search engines
- Good Gopher: "Search the independent media (GoodGopher.com)"
- Internet Archive: Internet Archive is a non-profit library of millions of free books, movies, software, music, websites, and more.
- Library Genesis: "Library Genesis or LibGen is a search engine for articles and books on various topics, which allows free access to content that is otherwise paywalled or not digitized elsewhere."
- searx: "Searx is a metasearch engine, aggregating the results of other search engines while not storing information about its users."
- Corporation Wiki: "Corporation Wiki exists to provide corporate transparency and historical data on companies."
- LittleSis: "a grassroots watchdog network connecting the dots between the world's most powerful people and organizations"
- archive.today: General web archive service
- Archiveteam: "Archive Team is a loose collective of rogue archivists, programmers, writers and loudmouths dedicated to saving our digital heritage."
- Google News Archive: Search older newspaper articles
- Internet Archive: "Internet Archive is a non-profit library of millions of free books, movies, software, music, websites, and more."
- Internet Sacred Text Archive: "This site is a freely available archive of electronic texts about religion, mythology, legends and folklore, and occult and esoteric topics."
- List of online newspaper archives (Wikipedia): "a list of online newspaper archives and some magazines and journals, including both free and pay wall blocked digital archives"
- Michael Collins Piper Report: An archive of podcasts and articles by one of America's leading iconoclastic journalists.
- PDF Archive: "E-books in PDF format, rare, censored, banned and unknown"
- Spotlight News Archive: "a listing of many of the hundreds of articles that have appeared in The SPOTLIGHT since we first went on-line in 1997"
- Unz Review Books Archive: "A Collection of Interesting, Important, and Controversial Perspectives Largely Excluded from the American Mainstream Media"
- Center for Responsive Politics: "the Center for Responsive Politics is the nation's premier research group tracking money in U.S. politics and its effect on elections and public policy."
- Cryptome: "Cryptome welcomes documents for publication that are prohibited by governments worldwide, in particular material on freedom of expression, privacy, cryptology, dual-use technologies, national security, intelligence, and secret governance — open, secret and classified documents — but not limited to those."
- Defrauding America: "40 Years of Recorded Corruption in Government Positions,
Endemic Cover-Ups, and Great Tragedies"
- Governmentattic.org: "governmentattic.org provides electronic copies of thousands of interesting Federal Government documents obtained under the Freedom of Information Act."
- GovTrack.us: "GovTrack.us tracks the United States Congress and helps Americans participate in their national legislature. We publish the status of federal legislation, information about your representative and senators in Congress including voting records, and original research on bills and votes."
- Ted Gunderson: A former FBI Special Agent, Gunderson published many investigative articles and participated in many interviews about his research work post-FBI. He is well known for his work on the 'FINDERS', a world-wide network of people and organizations involved in child trafficking and exploitation
- The Black Vault: "Exposing government secrets… one page at a time."
- The National Archives Catalog: "The National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) is the nation's record keeper."
- We The People Foundation: "The We The People Foundation for Constitutional Education has been established to fulfill the need for popular education including education, awareness, and knowledge about the Declaration of Independence and every provision of the federal and state constitutions, about the sovereignty of the people whose will the constitutions are designed to express, and about the government they are meant to control through their constitutions."
- Educate-Yourself: "Educate-Yourself.org is a free educational forum dedicated to the dissemination of accurate information in the use of natural, non-pharmaceutical medicines and alternative healing therapies in the treatment of disease conditions."
- Open Payments Data: "The Open Payments Search Tool is used to search payments made by drug and medical device companies to physicians and teaching hospitals."
- British Movietone: "British Movietone is arguably the world's greatest newsreel archive, spanning the period 1895 to 1986."
- History Commons: "The website is a tool for open-content participatory journalism. It allows people to investigate important issues by providing a space where people can collaborate on the documentation of past and current events, as well as the entities associated with those events."
- Holocaust: See Rescuing Israel: The Holocaust
- Rare Historical Photos
- Find Law: "Learn About the Law features informational articles about a wide variety of legal topics, as well as specific information about subjects such as how to hire an attorney and understanding your state's unique laws."
- Law Notes: "Through the courts, encouraging the Government to obey the law."
- Natural-Person: "A non-profit site educating Canadians and Americans
about the differences between human-beings,
natural-persons and artificial-persons"
- United Nations – Universal Declaration of Human Rights: "The Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR) is a milestone document in the history of human rights. Drafted by representatives with different legal and cultural backgrounds from all regions of the world, the Declaration was proclaimed by the United Nations General Assembly in Paris on 10 December 1948 (General Assembly resolution 217 A) as a common standard of achievements for all peoples and all nations. It sets out, for the first time, fundamental human rights to be universally protected and it has been translated into over 500 languages."
- Air Force History Index: "The United States Air Force Historical Research Agency maintains hundreds of thousands of historically significant U.S. Air Force documents representing some 70 million pages of interest to historians, researchers, and Air Force buffs."
- Stephen S. Clark Library: "The Clark Library combines our map collection, government information center, and spatial and numeric data services. It is a rich and unique resource, where students and scholars from every discipline–as well as those working across disciplines–can find the materials, tools, and expertise to meet their research needs."
- Notable Names Database: "NNDB is an intelligence aggregator that tracks the activities of people we have determined to be noteworthy, both living and dead."
- Wikiquote: "Wikiquote is a free online compendium of sourced quotations from notable people"
- Sci-Hub: "the first pirate website in the world to provide mass and public access to tens of millions of research papers"
- 33 Conspiracy Theories That Turned Out To Be True
- Crystalinks: "Crystalinks is perhaps the largest, most comprehensive and ambitious metaphysical and science website on the Internet today, a journey taken by millions of visitors each month that is spiritually, mentally and emotionally in tune with its readers' lifestyles, needs, zeitgeist and the transcendental quest of humanity."
- Deep Web Search Engines
- Edgar Cayce's Association for Research and Enlightenment: "Edgar Cayce's Association for Research and Enlightenment (A.R.E.) was founded more than 80 years ago to help people to transform their lives. Our goal is to be your resource for body-mind-spirit materials that will help you in your everyday experience to be all that you can be."
- Family Guardian: "Nonprofit Christian religious ministry dedicated to protecting people and families from extortion, persecution, exploitation,socialism, divorce, crime, and sin. Advocate personal liberty, personal responsibility, constitutional and SMALL and accountable government, sovereignty, and religious faith."
- From The Wilderness: "Information on Peak Oil, Sustainability, and the events surrounding 9/11"
- Lines of Credit: Ropes of Bondage: "LINES OF CREDIT: ROPES OF BONDAGE is about the financiers, their fellow conspirators and the plot to destroy Western Christian civilization."
- Metapedia: "An electronic encyclopedia about culture, art, science, philosophy and politics."
- The Corbett Report: "The Corbett Report is an independent, listener-supported alternative news source. It operates on the principle of open source intelligence and provides podcasts, interviews, articles and videos about breaking news and important issues from 9/11 Truth and false flag terror to the Big Brother police state, eugenics, geopolitics, the central banking fraud and more."
- THE PAGE: "This is yer brain – BAD PEOPLE WANNA SINK THEIR HOOKS IN IT"
- WantToKnow.info: "This website provides a concise, reliable introduction to vital information of which few are aware. We specialize in providing fact-filled news articles and concise summaries of major cover-ups and corruption which impact our lives and world."
- WHALE: "Mapping & Killing the Matrix with Orgonite & Knowledge"
- WikiLeaks: "WikiLeaks specializes in the analysis and publication of large datasets of censored or otherwise restricted official materials involving war, spying and corruption."
- Wikispooks: "Wikispooks is an open licensed, open source encyclopedia of deep politics."
- FotoForensics: "FotoForensics provides budding researchers and professional investigators access to cutting-edge tools for digital photo forensics."
I wrote a new article for those seeking reputable news sources. In light of all the censorship taking place at YouTube, Google, Twitter, Facebook, etc., i think it's worthwhile compiling a list of people and organizations that publish generally trustworthy news and commentary. I say "generally" because no news source gets everything right all the time.
So please go ahead and read Non 'Fake News' news sources worth looking at and if you have any comments or sources you'd like added, let me know. You need not be logged in to comment.
Sources listed here are constantly being added and removed. Subscribe to the Resources category to be notified of changes.
Having learned long ago that the (legacy) mainstream news media cannot be trusted, i turned to the web and the alternative news realm to find out what's really going on in the world. Over the course of a dozen years or more, i have evaluated and curated many alternative news sources which i found to be generally reputable. Though i believe the following list is comprised of generally trustworthy sources, keep in mind that all of them get things wrong on occasion, sometimes very wrong. For example many organizations have contributing writers and journalists and while the majority of them may be produce creditable work, others sometimes produce complete garbage. Ultimately it is up to you to research what you read and decide for yourself what is accurate. That said, it is my opinion that all of the sources below are far more trustworthy in general than any of the mainstream "news" organizations, including NPR.
Regarding YouTube links, i would highly suggest subscribing to the authors feed(s) on alternative video platforms if any are available. Because of the ongoing censorship and purging at sites like YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, Google, etc., more and more people are migrating to platforms such as BitChute, Diaspora, DTube and Steemit where their work is less likely to be censored. Even if they have a YouTube channel, they may not post all of their content there because of the fear of having their channel deleted.
21st Century Wire is a North American and Europe-based, grass-roots, independent hyper blog offering bold news, views and media analysis, working with a core team of writers, researchers, and an array of volunteer contributors who write and help to analyze news and provide a diverse perspective and opinions from around the world. 21st Century Wire writers have appeared internationally on TV, radio and in print, as well as keynote speakers at leading alternative conferences and events.
Activist Post covers many of the hottest political and activist topics of the day, as well as others such as health, environment, technology and more. Activist Post has many contributors and some of them publish provably false, poorly researched garbage, but i think the site is still a very good resource in general.
Anti-Media offers a fresh insight to all things political, as well as many other interesting topics.
Consortium News was founded by Robert Parry who contributed to uncovering the Iran-Contra scandal. Their posts are usually political nature and well worth reading.
Global Research out of Canada is a good source of general, international news.
Grayzone Project, run by Max Blumenthal, is dedicated to original investigative journalism and analysis.
Isegoria, founded by Ben Swann, is a project to create an uncensored, blockchain-based, decentralized news and entertainment platform with a funding mechanism for independent media.
Kim Iversen is a long time radio broadcaster who seems to have a fairly solid grip on politics and U.S. foreign policy. She is also interested in other matters, such as social and technological issues.
Kurt Nimmo was the lead editor for Alex Jones' InfoWars but has since left that sewage pit in favor of Newsbud. Kurt writes largely about political issues.
MintPress News is an excellent national and international news source.
Rachael Blevins, who currently works for RT, provides short and insightful video commentaries on a variety of current issues. She is particularly critical of the 'divide and conquer' strategy employed by the U.S. government as well as its foreign policy. Rachael is featured on the RT show, In Question.
Redress Information & Analysis is an independent, privately-funded, non-profit-making website dedicated to exposing injustice, disinformation and bigotry, and to providing thought-provoking interpretations of current affairs.
RT America is the U.S. division of RT International which is financed in part by the Russian government. RT provides generally accurate, harder hitting insight regarding U.S. politics and foreign affairs than the U.S. media, though their stories are still somewhat superficial. RT is likely the largest organization in this list having many departments and special programs.
- website news feed
- RT YouTube channel
- RT YouTube news feed
- RT America YouTube channel
- RT America YouTube news feed
Signs of the Times (SOTT) delivers national and international news and commentary. SOTT makes available more than two dozen specialized news feeds.
The Bureau of Investigative Journalism is a non-profit organization that speaks truth to power and publishes news from around the world.
Truth In Media by Ben Swann, well known for his Reality Check series, offers short, entertaining and well researched news videos.
Veterans Today publishes primarily news and commentary related to current geopolitical and military happenings, but also some history, health and other information as well. One should be very careful when considering articles from VT. While there are several very good contributors to who write well-researched and referenced articles, there are several others whose work cannot be trusted and one of them is the senior editor, Gorden Duff.
Anti-Neocon Report (ANC Report) is run by Ryan Dawson who, despite his younger age, holds a vast amount of knowledge on wide array of historical and geopolitical topics, as well as current events, particularly with regard to Israel, Zionism and the plight of the Palestinians. Ryan is an excellent researcher and the producer of many hard-hitting documentary videos.
Antiwar.com publishes a great deal of information which is critical of U.S. foreign policy.
Blackstone Intelligence Network by Jake Morphonios is an interesting source of news and commentary regarding the middle east, financial crimes, human trafficking and more. Jake has worked on the Ron Paul campaign, as well as campaigns for other candidates, and apparently has a substantial network of insider sources.
Bombard's Body Language is quite an interesting resource. It is run by Mandy Bombard, a woman who seems to be very talented at reading body language, though it is not clear if she's had any formal training in that area.
Brasscheck TV publishes the videos the establishment doesn't want you to see, though not all are creditable.
Carey Wedler, editor-in-chief of Anti-Media, is an anarchist at heart, i.e. one that subscribes to a well functioning society absent government.
Collective Evolution is not a great source for general political news or historical topics as writers who post there often get it wrong, however they publish many uplifting stories that are worth a read, particularly about natural healthcare and the world we live in from interesting perspectives.
Courage Foundation is an international organization that supports those who risk life or liberty to make significant contributions to the historical record. We fundraise for the legal and public defense of specific individuals who fit these criteria and are subject to serious prosecution or persecution. We also campaign for the protection of truth-tellers and the public's right to know generally.
Empire Files, hosted by Abby Martin, produces generally short documentaries addressing the U.S. empire, it's foreign policy, Israel and current events in the middle east.
Fairness & Accuracy In Reporting (FAIR) is a national media watch group that exposes bias and under-reporting in the media.
Helen of desTroy (Helen Buyniski) publishes articles and insightful commentary on a variety of topics including the police state, foreign policy, surveillance, propaganda, and immigration. Many of her articles have appeared on RT.
In Gaza by Eva Bartlett is an excellent source for middle east news, particularly with regard to Palestine and Syria. Eva is an award winning independent journalist with a strong focus on human rights.
JFK Facts is a great resource for in-depth information, both old and recent, related to the November 22nd, 1963 assassination of then president John Fitzgerald Kennedy. The website is run by Jefferson Morley who is a former reporter for the Washington Post.
Liz Crokin is an investigative journalist whose primary interest is exposing human trafficking and pedophilia, though she occasionally touches on other topics of interest.
Mondoweiss is an excellent resource for current events regarding Israel, the Palestinians and U.S. foreign policy.
MuckRock specializes in the procurement and publishing of public documents, such as those they obtain through the Freedom of Information Act.
National Association of Radio Distress-Signalling and Infocommunications (RSOE) operates Emergency and Disaster Information Service (EDIS) within the frame of his own web site which has the objective to monitor and document all the events on Earth which may cause disaster or emergency.
- Event Report news feed
- Earth Approaching Objects news feed
- Tsunami Information news feed
- Earthquake Report news feed
- UV Index in the USA news feed
Peter Joseph, who once worked on Wall Street, has become a powerful and admired force in what i might call the alternative society movement. He is widely known for his popular and hard-hitting Zeitgeist documentary trilogy. Peter is also the founder of The Zeitgeist Movement which is comprised of members around the world who are working on and implementing sustainable alternatives to the old order of top-down government and corporate control.
- Peter Joseph website
- Peter Joseph website news feed
- The Zeitgeist Movement YouTube channel
- The Zeitgeist Movement YouTube news feed
Project Veritas, founded by James O'Keefe, uses old fashioned, undercover, investigative journalism to record and expose what is often horrendous corruption in various corporate and government sectors.
Redress Information & Analysis is a non-profit, anti-Zionist organization that currently concentrates on events in the middle east, Israel and Palestine, though they hope to expand their scope in the future.
Ron Paul Liberty Report focuses on U.S. foreign policy and finance and other issues that affect our everyday lives.
Russia Insider, which is heavily anti-Zionist in nature, focuses primarily on Russian political issues but publishes other content of interest to non-Russians as well.
Sirius Disclosure is an umbrella organization housing several different projects related to extraterrestrial presence, alternative energy. The organization is headed by Dr. Steven Greer who founded The Disclosure Project, The Center for the Study of Extraterrestrial Intelligence (CSETI), The Orion Project and Sirius Technology Advanced Research.
SyrianGirl Partisan is an excellent resource for news and commentary regarding middle east affairs, especially with regard to Syria and U.S. and Israeli foreign policy.
Techdirt is an interesting source of political and economic news with regard to technology.
The Black Vault is dedicated to exposing government secrets.
The Conscious Resistance Network is an independent media organization focused on empowering individuals through education, philosophy, health, and community organizing.
The Corbett Report, run by James Corbett, is one of my favorite sources of unique content and commentary. Along with James Evan Pilato of Media Monarchy, the two James' broadcast regular video podcasts including the weekly New World Next Week episodes in which they address several of the current top stories, as well as the annual New World Next Year episodes in which they predict future trends and events. A solid, in-depth researcher, James has also produced several hard-hitting documentary and short films including 9/11: A Conspiracy Theory, a five minute parody video that does an excellent job of challenging the official government narrative regarding the 2001 terrorist attack upon the U.S..
- website news feed
- BitChute channel
- BitChute news feed
- BitChute Extras channel
- BitChute Extras news feed
- YouTube channel
- YouTube news feed
- YouTube Extras channel
- YouTube Extras news feed
The Electronic Intifada is an independent online news publication focusing on Palestine.
The Empire Files, hosted by long time political activist, Abby Martin, is a popular program that is highly critical of U.S. foreign policy. The show has appeared on several large news networks including RT and, most recently, TeleSUR, a news company that was apparently founded by Fidel Castro and Hugo Chavez.
The Farsight Institute, headed by Courtney Brown, is a collective of remote viewers who gather information about past, present and future events. Farsight publishes its material under different project names, each dedicated to a particular topic. Some of their publications are free while other are not.
The Mind Unleashed seeks to unlock our human potential.
The Ugly Truth is an anti-Zionist website dedicated to informing people about Zionist philosophies, criminal activities and political influence as well as current events regarding the ongoing Israeli genocide of the Palestinian people.
Truthstream Media, run by Aaron and Melissa Dykes, is dedicated to waking up the masses which they accomplish by publishing entertaining and provocative short and documentary videos covering a wide variety of subjects.
- website news feed
- BitChute channel
- BitChute news feed
- YouTube channel
- YouTube news feed
- Vimeo channel
- Vimeo news feed
Waking Times, founded by Dylan Charles and Anna Hunt, is primarily dedicated to human enlightenment and evolution.
I Am Kawehi is essentially a one-woman band. She is a 'looper' musician that records the different tracks of a song, mostly covers, and mixes them together while adding her own vocals and she does all this as part of her music videos. Kawehi has become quite popular while remaining disconnected from the music industry at large, thus preserving her creative freedom.
Matthias Wandel is a woodworker that makes instructional videos. Matthias also has a comical side which can be seen in many of videos, such as his 'how to build a better mouse trap' videos.
Samson Boat Co., run by Leo Sampson Goolden, is in the business of boat building. Though Leo is young, his knowledge of boat building is formidable and his videos are quite entertaining.
This Old Tony is a very good machinist with a quirky and fun sense of humor.
UFO TV posts conspiratorial, paranormal and other videos on their YouTube channel. Some are very good, others not so much.
Children's Health Defense, chaired by Robert Kennedy, and environmental lawyer and activist, is largely dedicated to exposing the risks regarding vaccines as well as the conflicts of interest and blatant criminality that exist within the mainstream media, the CDC and Big Pharma.
Dr. Rath Health Foundation publishes information regarding traditional and natural healthcare.
Health Impact News publishes information regarding traditional and natural healthcare.
Health Nut News publishes information regarding traditional and natural healthcare.
Hotze Health & Wellness Center publishes information regarding traditional and natural healthcare.
SSRI Stories published information regarding potential connections between people committing violent acts, such as mass shootings, and selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor drugs, the most commonly prescribed antidepressants.
The Alliance for of Natural Health publishes information regarding traditional and natural healthcare.
The Highwire, Run by Del Bigtree, is part of the Vaccine Risk Awareness Movement. Del was an Emmy winning producer of the CBS talk show, The Doctors, and producer of the documentary VAXXED, which is credited with igniting a revolution against Pharmaceutical Tyranny around the world.
The Vaccine Reaction is an online subscription journal newspaper published by the National Vaccine Information Center. The organization is dedicated to exposing concerns regarding vaccines.
VAXXED, produced by Polly Tommy, a mother with a vaccine injured child, is an activist organization dedicated to exposing concerns regarding vaccines. Polly has gone on the road to personally interview hundreds (perhaps thousands) of parents with vaccine injured children.
Well Org publishes information regarding traditional and natural healthcare.
Ancient Origins covers news items regarding ancient history, largely of an archeological nature.
Committee for Open Debate on the Holocaust (CODOH) is dedicated to historical revisionism regarding the holocaust and Germany's role in World War II. CODOH has an extensive library of books and videos as well as a public forum.
lifestyle / social
Anarchast, headed by Jeff Berwick, is your home for "anarchy on the internet". While many might associate anarchy with a free-for-all, everyone for them self philosophy, this is not the case. Most anarchists are interested in freedom from government oppression, corporatocracy and endless war through sustainable, educated communities and voluntarism. Each year there is a massive gathering of anarchists in Mexico known as Anarchapulco.
AwakeningJourney is dedicated to sharing the work of the late Terence McKenna and Alan Watts, both very original thinkers, writers and philosophers who used hallucinogens to gain a better understanding of consciousness. Personally i find their work and insight absolutely fascinating.
My Self Reliance is run by Shawn James, a guy who was at one point somewhere around $750,000 in the hole before he decided to make some radical changes in his life. Shawn builds log structures such as cabins and is an avid outdoorsman with a genuine and easygoing personality. His beautiful dog Cali "helps" him wherever she can.
Open Source Ecology, run by Marcin Jakubowsk, develops open source machines that can be made for a fraction of commercial cost and shares their designs on the Internet for free.
Primitive Technology is about a guy in Australia who builds things all kinds of interesting structures and tools with his hands using nothing but natural resources.
The Venus Project, founded by the late Jacque Fresco, envisions and promotes a radically different, technology based and sustainable version of our future where human life, reaching our potential, and our coexistence with our environment and each other are of the upmost importance.
The Zeitgeist Movement, founded by Peter Joseph, is an international movement that advocates a transformation of society and our economic systems to a non-monetary system based on resource allocation and environmentalism.
Transition Network is an international movement that describes itself as "a movement of communities coming together to reimagine and rebuild our world".