Minor content update: Firefox Configuration Guide for Privacy Freaks and Performance Buffs

In the Firefox Configuration Guide for Privacy Freaks and Performance Buffs i removed an invalid uMatrix directive, no-workers: 1st-party false. Thanks to 'theltalpha' for pointing this out in a comment. 'theltalpha', if you're reading this, sorry for the trouble :)

Annoyed by the 'tab detach' feature in Firefox?

Firefox has what i personally think is an incredibly annoying "feature" called 'tab detach' whereby you can drag a tab downwards in order to open it in a new window. The problem i have with this behavior is that i often trigger it accidentally when i'm clicking or switching tabs in a hurry.

If this feature makes you want to torture kittens, open about:config in your address bar, search for browser.tabs.allowTabDetach and set the bloody thing to 'false'. Done. No extension needed. Better yet, add it to your custom user.js (or user-overrides.js if you're using one). I just learned of this new preference today, however it's been available since Firefox v74.

If you follow my Firefox Extensions page, you may have installed the Disable Tab Detach add-on. You can now dump that.

Thanks Mozilla for making us wait YEARS for this and double thanks for never adding this preference in the first place.

/end sarcasm

Content update: uBlock Origin Suggested Settings

I made an important change to the uBlock Origin Suggested Settings guide where i changed the recommended value of the 'I am an advanced user' setting from 'enabled' to 'disabled' for the 'Advanced guide settings'. I don't know why i ever had this set to 'enabled', especially for those using uMatrix, which is the case for those following the Firefox Configuration Guide for Privacy Freaks and Performance Buffs.

As a side note, i also moved the uBO guide from 'articles/tech' to 'articles/tech/firefox'.

Firefox user-overrides.js update - round 2

Thanks to 'theltalpha' who pointed out that there was a syntax error in my last update of my user-overrides.js for Firefox.

The error has been corrected and v75r2 has been released. Here's the direct link to the file.

This oversight on my part is not only a reminder to myself to make sure to perform all integrity checks on the file before release, but also a reminder to all those using it to do the same. Both the regular expression test and the browser console test would have revealed the error, however i apparently performed neither.