Following are some of the resources that i've found helpful for a wide variety of research projects. If you have any to share, please contact me or leave a comment.
General purpose search engines
For general purpose search engines, see Alternative Search Engines That Respect Your Privacy.
- Corporation Wiki: "Corporation Wiki exists to provide corporate transparency and historical data on companies."
- LittleSis: "a grassroots watchdog network connecting the dots between the world's most powerful people and organizations"
- archive.today: General web archive service
- Archiveteam: "Archive Team is a loose collective of rogue archivists, programmers, writers and loudmouths dedicated to saving our digital heritage."
- Google News Archive: Search older newspaper articles
- Internet Archive: "Internet Archive is a non-profit library of millions of free books, movies, software, music, websites, and more."
- Internet Sacred Text Archive: "This site is a freely available archive of electronic texts about religion, mythology, legends and folklore, and occult and esoteric topics."
- List of online newspaper archives (Wikipedia): "a list of online newspaper archives and some magazines and journals, including both free and pay wall blocked digital archives"
- Michael Collins Piper Report: An archive of podcasts and articles by one of America's leading iconoclastic journalists.
- PDF Archive: "E-books in PDF format, rare, censored, banned and unknown"
- Spotlight News Archive: "a listing of many of the hundreds of articles that have appeared in The SPOTLIGHT since we first went on-line in 1997"
- Unz Review Books Archive: "A Collection of Interesting, Important, and Controversial Perspectives Largely Excluded from the American Mainstream Media"
- Center for Responsive Politics: "the Center for Responsive Politics is the nation's premier research group tracking money in U.S. politics and its effect on elections and public policy."
- Cryptome: "Cryptome welcomes documents for publication that are prohibited by governments worldwide, in particular material on freedom of expression, privacy, cryptology, dual-use technologies, national security, intelligence, and secret governance -- open, secret and classified documents -- but not limited to those."
- Defrauding America: "40 Years of Recorded Corruption in Government Positions,
Endemic Cover-Ups, and Great Tragedies"
- Governmentattic.org: "governmentattic.org provides electronic copies of thousands of interesting Federal Government documents obtained under the Freedom of Information Act."
- GovTrack.us: "GovTrack.us tracks the United States Congress and helps Americans participate in their national legislature. We publish the status of federal legislation, information about your representative and senators in Congress including voting records, and original research on bills and votes."
- Ted Gunderson: A former FBI Special Agent, Gunderson published many investigative articles and participated in many interviews about his research work post-FBI. He is well known for his work on the 'FINDERS', a world-wide network of people and organizations involved in child trafficking and exploitation
- The Black Vault: "Exposing government secrets... one page at a time."
- The National Archives Catalog: "The National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) is the nation's record keeper."
- We The People Foundation: "The We The People Foundation for Constitutional Education has been established to fulfill the need for popular education including education, awareness, and knowledge about the Declaration of Independence and every provision of the federal and state constitutions, about the sovereignty of the people whose will the constitutions are designed to express, and about the government they are meant to control through their constitutions."
- Educate-Yourself: "Educate-Yourself.org is a free educational forum dedicated to the dissemination of accurate information in the use of natural, non-pharmaceutical medicines and alternative healing therapies in the treatment of disease conditions."
- Open Payments Data: "The Open Payments Search Tool is used to search payments made by drug and medical device companies to physicians and teaching hospitals."
- British Movietone: "British Movietone is arguably the world's greatest newsreel archive, spanning the period 1895 to 1986."
- History Commons: "The website is a tool for open-content participatory journalism. It allows people to investigate important issues by providing a space where people can collaborate on the documentation of past and current events, as well as the entities associated with those events."
- Holocaust: See Rescuing Israel: The Holocaust
- Rare Historical Photos
- Find Law: "Learn About the Law features informational articles about a wide variety of legal topics, as well as specific information about subjects such as how to hire an attorney and understanding your state's unique laws."
- Law Notes: "Through the courts, encouraging the Government to obey the law."
- Natural-Person: "A non-profit site educating Canadians and Americans
about the differences between human-beings,
natural-persons and artificial-persons"
- United Nations - Universal Declaration of Human Rights: "The Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR) is a milestone document in the history of human rights. Drafted by representatives with different legal and cultural backgrounds from all regions of the world, the Declaration was proclaimed by the United Nations General Assembly in Paris on 10 December 1948 (General Assembly resolution 217 A) as a common standard of achievements for all peoples and all nations. It sets out, for the first time, fundamental human rights to be universally protected and it has been translated into over 500 languages."
- Air Force History Index: "The United States Air Force Historical Research Agency maintains hundreds of thousands of historically significant U.S. Air Force documents representing some 70 million pages of interest to historians, researchers, and Air Force buffs."
- Stephen S. Clark Library: "The Clark Library combines our map collection, government information center, and spatial and numeric data services. It is a rich and unique resource, where students and scholars from every discipline--as well as those working across disciplines--can find the materials, tools, and expertise to meet their research needs."
- Notable Names Database: "NNDB is an intelligence aggregator that tracks the activities of people we have determined to be noteworthy, both living and dead."
- Wikiquote: "Wikiquote is a free online compendium of sourced quotations from notable people"
- Sci-Hub: "the first pirate website in the world to provide mass and public access to tens of millions of research papers"
- 33 Conspiracy Theories That Turned Out To Be True
- Crystalinks: "Crystalinks is perhaps the largest, most comprehensive and ambitious metaphysical and science website on the Internet today, a journey taken by millions of visitors each month that is spiritually, mentally and emotionally in tune with its readers' lifestyles, needs, zeitgeist and the transcendental quest of humanity."
- Deep Web Search Engines
- Edgar Cayce's Association for Research and Enlightenment: "Edgar Cayce's Association for Research and Enlightenment (A.R.E.) was founded more than 80 years ago to help people to transform their lives. Our goal is to be your resource for body-mind-spirit materials that will help you in your everyday experience to be all that you can be."
- Family Guardian: "Nonprofit Christian religious ministry dedicated to protecting people and families from extortion, persecution, exploitation,socialism, divorce, crime, and sin. Advocate personal liberty, personal responsibility, constitutional and SMALL and accountable government, sovereignty, and religious faith."
- From The Wilderness: "Information on Peak Oil, Sustainability, and the events surrounding 9/11"
- Lines of Credit: Ropes of Bondage: "LINES OF CREDIT: ROPES OF BONDAGE is about the financiers, their fellow conspirators and the plot to destroy Western Christian civilization."
- Metapedia: "An electronic encyclopedia about culture, art, science, philosophy and politics."
- The Corbett Report: "The Corbett Report is an independent, listener-supported alternative news source. It operates on the principle of open source intelligence and provides podcasts, interviews, articles and videos about breaking news and important issues from 9/11 Truth and false flag terror to the Big Brother police state, eugenics, geopolitics, the central banking fraud and more."
- THE PAGE: "This is yer brain - BAD PEOPLE WANNA SINK THEIR HOOKS IN IT"
- WantToKnow.info: "This website provides a concise, reliable introduction to vital information of which few are aware. We specialize in providing fact-filled news articles and concise summaries of major cover-ups and corruption which impact our lives and world."
- WHALE: "Mapping & Killing the Matrix with Orgonite & Knowledge"
- WikiLeaks: "WikiLeaks specializes in the analysis and publication of large datasets of censored or otherwise restricted official materials involving war, spying and corruption."
- Wikispooks: "Wikispooks is an open licensed, open source encyclopedia of deep politics."
- FotoForensics: "FotoForensics provides budding researchers and professional investigators access to cutting-edge tools for digital photo forensics."