I had written a bunch of Bash scripts that i was using to process downloaded MP3 files with the objective of correcting problems and dumping all the junk i didn't want to save in my music files, such as cover art. I have now combined all these scripts, and much more, into what i'm calling MP3 Factory and i very much like the how things are panning out.
The script is in the alpha stage of development, but it is usable. It is also my first shell script, so not only am i learning a lot about some of the technical details MP3s, but i'm also learning the Bash syntax. You can check out my work on the MP3 Factory: De-borking MP3s on Linux page.