* misc. edits to intro text
* changed/corrected some pref descriptions
* removed some unneeded prefs related to smooth scrolling
* removed all [DEF=*] tags since these vales could be changed by Mozilla at any time, yet are rarely ever re-checked
* removed 'alerts.showFavicons'
* removed 'browser.taskbar.lists.enabled' - duplicate of user.js
* removed 'browser.taskbar.lists.frequent.enabled' - duplicate of user.js
* removed 'browser.taskbar.lists.recent.enabled' - duplicate of user.js
* removed 'browser.taskbar.lists.tasks.enabled' - duplicate of user.js
* removed 'browser.taskbar.previews.enable' - duplicate of user.js
* removed 'extensions.blocklist.url' - essentially same as user.js
* removed 'network.trr.uri'
* changed value of 'layers.geometry.opengl.enabled' - temp prefs
* moved 'privacy.trackingprotection.cryptomining.enabled' from the testing section to the user customization section
* added 'extensions.htmlaboutaddons.discover.enabled' to temp section
* added 'browser.newtabpage.activity-stream.asrouter.userprefs.cfr.features'
* added 'privacy.resistFingerprinting.letterboxing'
Just a reminder that this user-overrides.js contains My Personal Settings and so those using it will need to edit it. I relax some of the settings in the 'ghacks' user.js in return for a less troublesome browsing experience and in dong so i trade a little privacy for convenience, but i use a VPN also.
One of the newly exposed preferences in the 'ghacks' user.js is
privacy.resistFingerprinting.letterboxing and it's a rather important preference that forces a generic inner window size which makes it harder for websites to fingerprint the browser. The caveat with the preference, when enabled, is that the you may notice an empty border around the web page content. I don't like that at all, so i disable this setting (for now). Just be aware that doing so makes the browser easier to fingerprint/track.
The other newly exposed preference is
privacy.resistFingerprinting.letterboxing.dimensions. I haven't played with this yet, but this is used to set the dimensions of the viewport when the earlier preference is enabled. The idea is to use generic sizes to make fingerprinting harder. From the newest 'ghacks' user.js...
/* 4504: enable RFP letterboxing [FF67+] * Dynamically resizes the inner window (FF67; 200w x100h: FF68+; stepped ranges) by applying letterboxing, * using dimensions which waste the least content area, If you use the dimension pref, then it will only apply * those resolutions. The format is "width1xheight1, width2xheight2, ..." (e.g. "800x600, 1000x1000, 1600x900") * [NOTE] This does NOT require RFP (see 4501) **for now** * [WARNING] The dimension pref is only meant for testing, and we recommend you DO NOT USE it *  https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/1407366 ***/ user_pref("privacy.resistFingerprinting.letterboxing", true); // [HIDDEN PREF] // user_pref("privacy.resistFingerprinting.letterboxing.dimensions", ""); // [HIDDEN PREF]