AutoClipX makes copy and pasting just about as simple as it could possibly be… — Lifehacker
Copy and paste… with your mouse!
Featuring ClipMan, AutoPaste, and AutoWin
AutoClipX automatically copies content you select with your mouse, while pasting is accomplished by simply clicking a mouse button (the middle button by default).
Some of the feature highlights are:
ClipMan: A rudimentary clipboard manager which allows you to quickly paste from a selection of the last 10 text strings that were copied, as well as 10 additional static text items which you may edit.
Formatting: Automatically strip content from copied text, such as HTML markup, spaces, numbers, line feeds and much more, or create your own formatting options. Stripped text may be replaced with something else if you choose.
Multi-click select: Many programs allow you to highlight a word, line or paragraph with multiple left mouse clicks instead of having to drag the cursor. AutoClipX can automatically copy text selected in this way, but only while the cursor is an I-Beam (restricted for safety).
AutoWin: Learns what program windows you are working with and automatically switches between them as you copy and paste.
AutoPaste: Speed up operations further with automatic pasting! Simply select something and it will be automatically copied and then pasted to the last program window which you pasted to.
AutoSave: Write everything you copy or paste to a text file. This is a great feature if all you need to do is store copied text without pasting it, or just want to keep a backup of what was copied or pasted.
Safety: Automatic copying with AutoClipX is regulated several ways to prevent unwanted copying and pasting in applications you want to ignore, or work with exclusively, including by cursor type, window blacklisting or whitelisting, window control blacklisting and through the use of hot-keys. To provide even finer control, you can restrict copying and pasting by the cursor type.
|The old way:|
|The AutoClipX way|
- Automatically copy selected content from almost any program window
- Paste with a mouse button, though this can be automated as well with AutoPaste
- Select from a history of copied text with ClipMan, the built-in clipboard manager
- Strip and replace content from copied text, such as HTML markup
- Paste at the mouse cursor or system caret position
- Automatically switch between program windows with AutoWin
- Automatically save copied or pasted text to a file with AutoSave
- Send copied content to an email recipient
- Independently select which cursors can be used for copying and pasting
- Blacklist or whitelist program windows you want AutoClipX to ignore, or work with exclusively
- Notification options let you know when something was copied
- Easily control AutoClipX with custom hot-keys
- Quickly change settings by switching configuration profiles
- Many user definable hot-keys
- Option to start with Windows
- Automatic or manual update checking
- Highly configurable, yet intuitive and unobtrusive
- Portable – you can copy the AutoClipX files to a portable drive and take it with you
- No spyware, no adware!
(version shown may differ slightly than the actual version)
Click to enlarge…
|TITLE|| AutoClipX / AutoClipX Portable Edition
|SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS||Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8 (32/64 bit)|
|DOWNLOAD INSTALLER||autoclipx_ins.exe (contains both 32 and 64 bit binaries – the proper one will be copied when installed)|
|DOWNLOAD PORTABLE||autoclipx.zip (contains 32 bit binary only)|
|MD5 HASH (installer)||08D4FF595BDA07BFE2DF5A2F926E7693|
|MD5 HASH (portable)||E4575B64C9215110159200377BAAD7A7|
|FILE SIZE (installer)||2.25 MB (2,367,481 bytes)|
|FILE SIZE (portable)||1.43 MB (1,500,166 bytes)|
|CHANGE LOG||Change Log|
|NOTES||To send feedback or a bug report, use the “Feedback” link in the options|
Out of all the clipboard managers which we have featured at AddictiveTips, AutoClipX offers the quickest way. How? It lets user perform copy & paste operations with a single mouse click.
AutoClipX makes copy and pasting just about as simple as it could possibly be…
AutoClipX is one comfortable way to quickly copy and paste text without touching the keyboard.
Software Informer says…
If you happen to be a compulsive clipboard user, AutoClipX may certainly save you time and keyboard use.